The MSc in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence is a one-year structured master’s programme at Stellenbosch University, designed for students with a strong mathematical and computational background.
It will equip you with the fundamentals of ML and AI, plus a suite of sophisticated techniques and concepts at the research forefront of these fields.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2022
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
Type: Masters, PhD (research-based)
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The scholarships cover university fees, health insurance, accommodation, living expenses, and opportunities for international conference attendance. Recipients will also benefit from mentorship by DeepMind researchers.
- Applicants must be Africans. Preference will be given to applicants from groups across the continent that are underrepresented in the global machine learning landscape.
- Applicants should also have existing and demonstrable proficiency in Python or an equivalent programming language, and be comfortable with numerical linear algebra, vector calculus, basic probability theory and statistics.
- Applicants must have one of the following qualifications by the time of enrolment:
- an honours degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Mathematical Statistics;
- a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- an NQF level 8 qualification deemed equivalent to the above, in a field closely linked to ML and AI.
How to Apply: If you complete an application for the programme before 31 August, you will also be considered for a scholarship. Successful applicants will be notified in September.