International merit scholarships are worth up to $30,000 per year toward tuition costs. All students are automatically considered for a merit scholarship when we receive their application and required documents.
Students are automatically considered for an international merit scholarship upon applying for admission. Complete the admission application for consideration. We encourage you to review the application process details and, most importantly, the links to several free online applications, one of which is the University of Dayton’s application.
University of Dayton (UD) Information
The University of Dayton (UD) is a private Catholic research university in Dayton, Ohio, United States. It was founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary (Marianists) and is one of three Marianist universities in the United States.
UD offers more than 80 undergraduate and 50 graduate degree programs, including programs in business, engineering, education, law, and the arts and sciences. The university has a strong commitment to experiential learning and community engagement, and students have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of service and leadership programs.
Aims and Benefits of the University of Dayton Merit Scholarships
- These scholarships are worth up to $30,000 per year toward your tuition.
- You may be eligible to earn up to $4,000 over four years to cover the cost of your textbooks.
Qualification Criteria for the University of Dayton Merit Scholarships
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must be either first-year or transfer undergraduate students.
- Applicants must have a high school certificate or equivalent.
- Applicants must be ready to enroll in a full-time degree program.
- Applicants must have proof of English language proficiency.
Interview date, process, and venue for University of Dayton merit scholarships
- Once your application is complete, the evaluation and review process takes approximately 2–4 weeks (specific programs may have a longer evaluation and review process).
- Official decision letters, immigration documents, and instructions for confirming your enrollment will be emailed to the email address used on the admission application.
- You can check your status in your application portal to see what documents we have received and what is still needed to complete your application.
The University of Dayton’s calendar year is divided into three terms. Application deadlines for international students are:
- Fall term (August through December)—May 1
- Spring term (January through April)—November 1
- Summer term (transfer students only, May through July)—March 1
If you cannot attend a specific term, please return to your admission portal to submit a new application for a future term.
May 31, 2023